dinsdag 12 februari 2013

Books!!!

Personally I really like researching from books. The internet's ok but I really like to have something in hand and for some reason I can just take a text more seriously if it's been published than just randomly posted in the net.  I had a look on amazon for books on costume design and there really were all sorts of books.  They were also all quite expensive so I have to make a selection on what I thought whould be the most useful.

So far the real gem is "Costume Design 101: 2nd Edition: The Business and Art of Creating Costumes for Film and Television" by Richard La Motte.


It really gives a good description of all the different people involved in costume designing and what their funcitions are, but also the proces the costume deigner goes through which is being a great help with my own costume design project. 

I also bought "50 Designers/50 Costumes: Concept to Character" by The Academy of Motion Picture Art & Sciences.  It is what the title says: 50 costumes including a photo of the costume, the original design sketch and comments of the deisgner on the costume.  


And the final book that I purchased was "FilmCraft: Costume Design" by Deborah Nadoolman Landis.  It holds a lot of information and experineces of highly thought of deisgners and loads of images.  I can't comment to much more on this one because I haven't started reading it yet.

 






 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten