dinsdag 26 februari 2013

Colour and Animals

 Before I started resketching I first of all exaggerated the shapes of the initial sketch to see if I should do this for the costume as well.  It didn't have an interesting effect at all.  The problem is when you start to do this it also very quickly becomes like an anime costume as they take traditional clothing and exagerrate elements.  I prefer to keep a simpler shape like this and add lots of details to make the costume different.
 I drew the costume out from different angles to see whether it was actually buildable.  This is something mainly important to the construction department.  Other departments are generally happy with a front on design.  I decided to give him trousers because the costume had become very top heavy.
Next I changed a couple of bits of the costume.  I also wanted to have more New Zealand elements zo I changed the midrif belt into a lizard like the native Tuatara.  I stuck to general natural colours as he is a hunter and needs to be camouflaged.


I added some protectors to the sleeves.because I felt that looks more complete than baggy sleeves.




I then made a display sheet to show the origin of the different costume parts but also what some of the panels will be in reference to when I emboss them.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten