vrijdag 22 februari 2013

Light -> Enlightenment

I was thinking about the theme of Light in the CD Cover and a main idea that sprang out was Stained Glass windows. If you stand outside the church you can't see what the windows are, but once you enter the church and sun shines through them you have the most amazing windows.  This for me is very symbolic of religious and spiritual enlightenment: the entering of a holy place to gain enlightenment and discover new and beautiful things.


Image Above: These were my thoughts before trying out the pages.

I decided to try out using sheets with some images to see what effect it gave.  The idea was that eventually these pages would be combined with my previous idea with the rings of the tree.

Initially I just placed the pages over the top of each other, but you really can't see through the pages which is good in a way because that was the idea behind it.


And when you hold up the images to the light it does work, the images do become visible, but it does make it very hard and unpractical to look at the book especially if the book were larger and had the cut out holes in the centre.. 

 I tries it with black paper in between because another problem is that by using see through pages instead of paper one immediately looses the capability of putting text on the back of the pages.  The visibility is still low which is good.
 I tried it with brown to keep with the natural feel but you immediately loose the concept of enlightening.

I don't think I will end up using this see-through page idea.  Although it is interesting I prefer the idea with the tree rings and I don't feel I can succesfully gel the two ideas together.  I could combine the see-through idea with the loose leaves idea but I would still have to make a seperate booklet to put all of the text in so I don't think this is the right go.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten