woensdag 13 februari 2013

Cernunnos

This was a material and style experiment more than anything.  I took the thee of the Prolog and Cernunnos and drew the Cernunnos scene from the Gundestrup Cauldron (an ancient artifact found in a bog, now kept in Copenhagen, Denmark).

I painted the first layer in acrylic...


...drew the top layer with felttip...


...and combined the two layers and added a border in Photoshop.






I'm still not sure whether to use something like this or not. I do think the black makes the plain painting look a bit more interesting and importance can be shown by combining the coloured figures and the purely black and white ones.  I still need to try out some different stuff before I can conclude what I'm going to use for my CD Tree Book.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten