dinsdag 12 februari 2013

Typo Lessons

We've had a couple of lessons focusing on playing typography recently at school.  I used them to play around with subjects from my CD Cover.

The first lesson was based on one word.  I had Wind, taken form the song Wind & Geige.  My experiments/sketches weren't particularly succesful as they didn't capture the free natural movements of wind.  I also don't have digital copy of everything I did during this lesson at the moment so you're only seeign part of what I did.



The second lesson we had to do a whole sentence.  I took a quotations Faun had put in the sleevenotes in reference to the song Unda. It speaks of a stag by a well so I made a watery stag with a circular text.


I was happier with this result than the wind ones as it does have a watery feel to it.  I'm not sure if I'll be doing any typography like this though in my cover.  If I do illustrate the text I think I'd sooner only do the titles of the songs because there's a lot of text.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten