zaterdag 9 februari 2013

Rethink: Shakespeare?

After having decided I didn't want to make a film anymore I had to rethink my plans.  I wanted to do something challenging and I decided on a field that I have had an interest for a long time and have wanted to spend more time on: Costume Design and Making.

My first thought were to make costumes for a Shakespearean play.  My first plans were for Much Ado About Nothing.  This is my favourite Shakespeare play and I was particularly interested in design Prince John and his cronies.  I did quite a bit of research for this. 

I looked for art related to the play...


...I looked at existing productions of the play...


...and found loads of pictures from one of my favourite film "Much Ado About Nothing" by Kenneth Branagh from 1993.


Although I really love the play I wasn't sure it was suited to my kind of work as I don't really do comedy.  I looked into doing a different Shakespeare play, either Hamlet or Macbeth but still really wasn't sure.  So I continued my search.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten