woensdag 13 februari 2013

Merchandising

Another important thing I have to decide on is what the merchandising products are going to be.  First of all I wrote out a list that had products that are often used for merchandising and products that are popular with the target market.


I was pretty excited about the idea of making a set of playing cards.  I thought at first I could repeat use art from the album cover but there would be little point of people buying the cards then if they already had the album.  I ended up listing a few other games that would mean less work than illustrating all of the playing cards.  My favourite idea was a chess set as I had read in the sleevenotes that two of the band members hobbies was playing chess together.  I figured out what the characters could be on either side to make them more relevant to the Album "Licht".


I did a quick sketch to see if I could make a round board (to go with the cover idea) but that would mean the spaces would be too small in the centre and the moves too confusing.  I ended up deciding that this would still be too much work if I still had to make the whol book, other merchandising and still work on my other project, which isn't exactly small either.

I also made a short list of the more logical items for the merchandising with a quick description of their benifits and relation to the album.  I have decided to design the items with a circle around the first letters.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten