vrijdag 8 februari 2013

Give me some Credit

The next idea I had was to make an animated credit roll for a film or television programme.  I was spurred on after going to the Digital Arts Festival "Playgrounds" in Tilburg, NL.  I got to hear from some amazing filmmakers and animators about their work which left me very inspired. 

The next thing I did was to go in search of some good examples of film credits and find who made them. 
One that I really like is the credits film for the recent Sherlock Holmes film. 


I discovered that this was made by Danny Yount.  He was never trained for this occupation but is completely self taught which is rather amazing concidering he one of the leading artists in this field. Danny also worked on the credits for Iron Man and also the digital hologram computer featuring in the films.  Further films are: Tron, RocknRolla, The Reaping, Six Feet Under, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and many other things.

http://www.dannyyount.com/

Another credit sequence I really like is the intro sequence of Cirque Du Freak

The Art Director of this film is Garson Yu.  He says the main importance of the intro credits is to set up the mood for the movie.  He said it is good to use metaphorical content which can refer to the film to come without giving anything away. 

Another few favourite film intros/credits:

Game of Thrones Intro: 

Robin Hood (2010) Credits:

The Dark Knight Rises: Fan-Made Opening Credit Sequence:

 There are loads more that are really amazing such as the Lemony Snicket Credits, Madagascar 2 Credits or the Open Hearts Credits but these are unfindable on youtube and sadly take a long time to upload here. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten